We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office. Your initial appointment is complimentary and will consist of a thorough examination as well as a discussion of potential treatment options. We know that your time is valuable, so to maximize your appointment and to expedite treatment, we may also reserve time following the exam for diagnostic records. The records include X-rays, photos and impressions for study models. This information is used to develop a custom treatment plan for each patient. These records are also helpful in tracking the progress of treatment as teeth move under orthodontic care. This appointment will last approximately one hour.
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my insurance benefits?
- What are my payment options?
Please assist us in making sure that your time in our office is efficient, productive and informative by providing the following at your first visit:
- Patient health history and HIPPA forms that can be printed from this site.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card with you to the appointment. This will assist us in verifying your insurance benefits.
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past 6 months.
The appointment when you get your appliances (traditional braces, expanders, etc.) usually takes 1 hour and 10 minutes. You’ll then see us at regular intervals of 6 to 8 weeks for an adjustment, which takes about 20 minutes depending on the patients individual treatment needs. Patients are seen by appointment only. We make it a top priority to be on time for our patients and ask that you extend the same courtesy to us. If you cannot keep an appointment, please notify us as soon as possible.
Payment & Office Policies
The cost of treatment depends on the patient’s individual treatment needs, the overall length of treatment and the type of appliance used. You will be able to discuss fees and payment options before treatment begins. We have several flexible payment plans to accommodate various budgets and lifestyles. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable.
If you have orthodontic insurance, we will help you to determine the benefits you have available. We will file your claims and answer insurance questions from our office on your behalf.
Convenient Online Services
We know how busy you are. That’s why we’re committed to providing you exceptional leading-edge service. With our secure online service you will be able to:
- Request an appointment;
- View your scheduled appointments at any time;
- Sign up for email or text appointment reminders;